So you’ve just launched your new lifestyle blog and have a few posts up! Congratulations! But now you’re stuck for blog post ideas… It happens to all of us. So I’ve come up with more than 100 lifestyle blog post ideas (for 2024) that can keep you creating fresh new content, week after week.
These are lifestyle blog post topics that are fairly popular on Pinterest and you can easily adapt to make them your own in terms of your perspective or a relevant anecdote.
They’re also great blog topics for questions that your readers may have, that you can help answer.
Grab your notebook and pen, a cup of coffee or tea and let’s delve into blog post ideas that will get your readers loving your content!
DISCLOSURE: This post contains affiliate links, meaning if you click on a product or service, and decide to purchase it, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. All recommended products and services are based on my positive experience with them. For more information, please read my Disclaimer.
Bookmark this post on Pinterest!
What Should I Write In A Lifestyle Blog?
There are so many different types of blogging topics you can write about.
But if you’re a lifestyle blogger, you have a specific audience for which you’re writing.
Lifestyle blogs can be very broad in topic range, so you can write on several lifestyle niche topics that speak to a key audience’s needs.
Busy moms seeking daily tips to make their lives easier will want to get answers to burning questions on food prep for their family, easy styles for everyday wear, self-care tips and so much more.
The key focus of lifestyle blogs is life and how we live it.
Making it easier, convenient, fun, exciting, less stressful and so on, are some of the outcomes your readers expect.
What you should be sharing in lifestyle blog posts is valuable advice that comes from your experience.
Tried, tested and true tips and knowledge are what people are seeking when they read lifestyle blogs.
| RELATED: How To Write Your First Blog Post That Wows Your Readers
Learning To Find Interesting Lifestyle Blog Post Ideas
It can be challenging to find lifestyle blog post ideas that resonate with both you and your readers!
I remember when I started blogging that I found it hard to keep the momentum going with weekly blog posts.
Back in 2010, my Suburban Tourist blog was primarily a hiking and travel blog. Since I sometimes didn’t have time to do either, I lacked inspiration and content to blog about.
Coming up with blog content ideas was hard.
What I should have been doing is going outside of my limited scope and coming up with relevant posts that could fall under the hiking or travel categories.
But you learn from your mistakes, or you get wisdom from those who’ve already made them!
The key thing I do now before I write anything is to ask myself:
Is this a blog post topic that my readers will want to read? Will this content add value to my readers – answer a question they may have?
If a topic passes that litmus test, then you’re ready to start writing.
The only extra step I take to find the right keywords is to use a free tool such as Keywords Everywhere (Chrome Extension). You want to make sure you’re publishing optimized blog content that will be found in search engine results.
TIP: Want to know how I come up with great blog post ideas when I’m stuck? Learn where I find my blog post inspiration – both online and offline.
But now, let’s jump to the blog post ideas for lifestyle blogs that I’ve researched and brainstormed for you!
| RELATED: SEO Basics For New Bloggers – How To Get Your Posts Found On Google
Blog Post Ideas For Lifestyle Blogs
When developing this list of lifestyle blog post ideas I looked at a few things:
- How popular is this topic in Google searches?
- Is this topic showing up in Pinterest searches?
- Am I seeing these topics showing up in Facebook groups/posts?
This list doesn’t cover every niche in the lifestyle genre, however, it gives you some good starters.
Remember that you can always modify the basic idea to work for your specific niche!
General Lifestyle Blog Post Ideas
These are general lifestyle blog topics that can be found in any lifestyle-focused blog. No special niche is required!
- A Sunday night routine for a great start to the week
- Your top productivity tips
- Top 10 ways you save money
- Home decor tips for (enter season)
- Top ways you deal with stress
- Your favourite self-care activities
- Cool DIY gift you can make for under $20
- Your tips for growing an Instagram account
- Your favourite blogging tips for other new bloggers
- A review of a new product you purchased (e.g. new mascara, or skincare product)
- The top then things to do in your city or regional area
- How you stay organized
- A round-up of life hacks
- How to squeeze in self-care activities during a busy week
- Technical tips you’ve learned as a new blogger
- Ten things you’d tell your 20-year old self
- A round-up of your favourite comfort foods (partner up with other bloggers on this who may have recipe posts you can link to in this post)
- Favourite quotes on a topic (e.g. inspirational quotes, travel quotes, parenting quotes…)
- Five favourite accessories in your closet the best way you use them
- An easy home renovation activity that anybody can do on a budget
- Five basic wardrobe items that every woman should have in her closet (e.g. capsule wardrobe)
- Date night ideas
- Frugal date ideas
- How to make a great first impression
- Ten awesome hostess gifts
- Five things you need to know how to fix (e.g. change car tire etc.)
- A book review
- Laundry tips for beginners
- Your very own list of blog post topics for lifestyle blogs!
- A list of the best museums in your area to visit on a rainy day
- Interview a veteran blogger
- Share a list of the best dance songs for parties
- Your workout routine: how you stay fit
- Time-saving tips for weekly activities
- Your top motivational quotes
- Five ways to live a healthy lifestyle
- How to let go of negative thoughts and feelings
- Your top 10 money-saving tips
- 10 fun activities to do in X season (whatever season is the closest coming up)
- Packing tips for a trip to XYZ destination
- Top things to see in XYZ as a tourist
- How to throw a cocktail party/BBQ/birthday party (whatever kind of party) at home the easy way
- Five ways to reduce stress in your life
- Housewarming gift ideas
- How to set you your very own coffee station at home
- Five ways to keep yourself warm on the coldest days
- Interesting ways to store keepsakes and momentoes
- How to keep from being bored
- Kitchen essentials you can’t live without
- How you practice the hygge (or whatever is the latest trendy) lifestyle
- Ways to get a better sleep
- How to start Monday morning the right way
- Best tips for a great start to the day
- How to be a relaxed, happy parent
- How to be a great friend
- How to make a memory box or a time capsule
Beauty & Skincare Blog Post Ideas
Specifically for fashionistas! A brief but smart list of fashion blog post ideas to get you started.
- Your morning skincare routine
- Your evening skincare routine
- The best mascara on the market: do a product review
- Hottest shades of lipstick you’re wearing this season
- The five-minute make-up routine for busy women/moms
- How to apply skincare products
- Five ways to take care of your skin during X season
- Product review of a new skincare product
- A round-up of cool new products for hair/skin/make-up
- Face masks you can make at home with natural ingredients
- How to take care of your skin in Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
- Tips on what to do when you get a sunburn
- Gua Sha massages to keep your face looking young
- Easy facial massage techniques
- How to create at-home, natural face treatments
Food & Drink Blog Post Ideas
Some of the most popular blog post ideas for lifestyle blogs are your favourite recipes and food tips! Share these with the world.
- Your favourite easy and quick-to-prepare snack: share your recipe
- How to make a “XYZ” drink (e.g. choose a timely, classic or popular cocktail or a mocktail)
- The best mac ‘n cheese combinations
- Your ultimate sandwich recipe
- Tips for healthy lunches that don’t need to be heated up
- Bento box ideas
- Five comfort food recipes everybody should know how to make by age 25
- Your ultimate smoothie recipe
- Appetizer recipes that wow your guests
- Your favourite make-ahead batch meal you make Sunday night for easy meals throughout the week
- Five yummy variations on an easy spaghetti dish
- Salad dressings that taste awesome
- Easy lunches with five ingredients
- Delicious lunch salad ideas for work or school
- Favourite restaurant meal copycat recipes
| RELATED: 115+ Yummy Food Blog Post Ideas Your Readers Will Love
Wellness And Personal Development Blog Post Ideas
A few more lifestyle blog post ideas on general wellness and personal development.
- How to become more disciplined and reach your goals
- How to live life more simply
- How to stay motivated, even when things get difficult
- Tips for a less stressful life
- How to get past self-doubt
- Personal growth tips and goals
- How to build healthy relationships with others
- How to deal with conflict in your family
- Tips on how to get out of feeling depressed
- Things to focus on in your life for more happiness
- How to use a journal to help you balance stress
- Great habits to adopt to live a more balanced life
- How to let go of toxic people
- How to achieve your personal goals
- How to create a vision board for your life goals
Self-care Blog Post Ideas
Self-care is one of the most popular blog topics within the lifestyle blog category. If you can add a few posts on this topic you’ll see traffic to your site.
- How to start a self-care routine that’s easy to follow
- What are self-care routines and why you need them
- A simple self-care daily routine to be your optimal self
- Self-care routine for your skin
- Mental self-care activities to reduce stress
- Simple ways to focus on yourself throughout the day
- How to fit in self-care during a busy day
- Mom self-care ideas
- College student self-care ideas
- The different types of self-care activities and how they help you on a holistic level
| RELATED: Over 50+ Lifestyle Blog Post Ideas For Midlife Bloggers
Coming Up With More Lifestyle Blog Post Topics
Need more than what I’ve shared here?
Here are some ways for you to create your own list of lifestyle blog topics:
- Brainstorm fresh lifestyle blog post ideas based on your existing content.
- Check your content calendar for your blog.
- Get inspired by competitors – write your own post on the same topic (and make it even better).
It’s OK to write on blog post topics others have written about. Just make it your own and make it better.
There are many great blog posts out there from veteran bloggers with the best blog post topics. One that you may want to check out is Jeff Bullas’ tips on how to brainstorm blog post ideas.
Sometimes veteran bloggers like myself find themselves in a blogging rut with no motivation or interesting topics to write about.
It may be due to blogger burnout. That’s when it’s good to have lists, like the one I shared, to get you inspired!
Get Inspiration For New Blog Post Ideas On Pinterest
Another great way to come up with a list of the best blog post topics for your lifestyle blog is to type in a category into Pinterest: e.g., beauty or parenting and see what kind of topics pop up first.
For example under beauty, you see several topics on how to remove unwanted hair or apply eye makeup to make your eyes seem larger etc.
These are topics you should consider writing about.
PRO TIP: Did you know that Pinterest has its own SEO system? Discover how easy it is to find Pinterest keywords to optimize your pins.
| RELATED: How To Promote Your Blog By Getting Started With A Pinterest Account
Trendy Topics To Write About
One more thing to consider when coming up with lifestyle blog post ideas is trendy topics.
These are blog post ideas that are popular for a short period of time.
They are the opposite of “evergreen posts” which can withstand the test of time and don’t need to be updated often.
Trendy topics include things such as:
- Top Ten Books Of 2024
- Top Ten Fashion Trends Of 2024
- Top Ten Food Trends Of 2024
These are posts in which you are often gathering all of the trending things together into one themed post. They are extremely popular at the beginning of the year, as people look to trends to help them with goals.
TIP: You can take any of my lifestyle blog post topics I’ve listed above and transform them into trendy topic posts.
More Blog Post Ideas For You!
I’ve done the heavy lifting for you and come up with this list of the best blog post topics for lifestyle blogs to help you continue blogging.
If you’re a mom blogger, check out this HUGE list of over 300+ mom blog post ideas.
However, there are many more seasonal blog post ideas and monthly blog post ideas.
They are a great opportunity for a mini boost in blog traffic!
Seasonal blog post ideas:
- 75+ Spring Blog Post Topics For Lifestyle Blogs
- 100 Summer Lifestyle Blog Post Ideas
- 120+ Fall Blog Post Ideas For Lifestyle Blogs
- Over 100 Winter Blog Post Ideas
Monthly blog post ideas:
- 30 January Blog Post Ideas
- 30 February Blog Post Ideas
- 30 March Blog Post Ideas
- 30 April Blog Post Ideas
- 31 May Blog Post Ideas
- 30 June Blog Post Ideas
- 31 July Blog Post Ideas
- 31 August Blog Post Ideas
- 30 September Blog Post Ideas
- 31 October Blog Post Ideas
- 30 November Blog Post Ideas
- 31 December Blog Post Ideas
Other niche blog post ideas:
- 60+ Travel Blog Post Topics To Inspire Your Readers
- 300+ Mom Blog Post Topics
- 115+ Juicy Food Blog Topics
If you’d like to learn how to always come up with fresh blog post ideas for a lifestyle blog that your readers will love, I offer coaching on content creation.
Writing isn’t always easy! While you may be focused on writing amazing blog posts, have you paid attention to your About Me page? It’s where your readers can learn more about your blog and you.
Check out my handy FREE worksheet for crafting the perfect About Me page.
| Read More: How To Write Outstanding Blog Posts That Readers Love To Read And Share
Tips For Writing Blog Posts
Now that you’ve probably got several lifestyle blog post topics to write about, remember:
- Do your research if it’s a topic you aren’t so knowledgeable about. Ensure that what you’re sharing is accurate and informative.
- Provide as much information in a well-written, easily readable blog post that readers LOVE to read: remember to interlink with any other existing posts you have and add a few good outbound links for reference.
- SEO the post and the Pinterest pin so that you get traffic to your blog post. Make sure your images have the alt-title filled out with relevant keywords.
- Write a blog post title that’s catchy and bound to get clicks!
- Infuse the blog post with your own personal brand voice! Share your story.
- Add affiliate links! Get started with affiliate marketing if you haven’t already. Read about how many different ways you can promote affiliate links.
And don’t forget to write seasonal topics to consistently get more traffic. You can beat the summer blog traffic slump!
| Read This: How To Make Your Simple Blog Look Like A Professional One With A Few Key Steps
Final Step: Blog Promotion
Once you’ve written your blog post based on one of these lifestyle blog post ideas, it’s time to promote!
This is the final step after publishing your post. Consider all of the ways you can share that post – aside from the usual social media channels and promoting blog posts on Pinterest.
And there are sometimes unusual ways to boost your blog traffic that you should consider trying out as a strategy as well.
Don’t forget about Facebook groups – check out my list of favourite Facebook groups for bloggers with promotion opportunities.
At the end of the day, find the blog promotion strategies that work with your blog niche and audience.
| RELATED: Over 15 Free And Powerful Ways To Promote Your Blog And Content
Promote Your Content On Pinterest!
Don’t forget to include a Pinterest pin for each blog post you create. I’ve made it easy for you to create them in Canva (free & Pro).
Get 10 FREE Pinterest pin templates here:
Learn How To Become A Content Generation Pro
Want to learn how to come up with the perfect blog posts for your blog niche?
As a blog coach, I offer coaching sessions on these topics as well as SEO. Let’s see how we can help you excel at blog content generation.
QUESTION: What other lifestyle blog topics should be added to this list?
Like this post? Share it on Pinterest!
This post was originally published July 2019 and updated on December 21, 2023.