April is one of my favourite months as my area of Canada experiences warmer and longer days. We’re outside more and everything is fresh and new! It’s also a time when many are searching for tips and inspiration, and so I’m sharing 30 engaging April blog post ideas to inspire you!
Although you may find your blog traffic dipping a bit in April for generic, “evergreen” content, you’ll find people interested in Spring and April-specific content.
This is why it’s important to always include April blog topics for a little added “Spring” to your blog traffic stats. I couldn’t help myself with that pun!
I’ve developed this shortlist of 30 April blog post topics to help you find at least one or two timely blog post topics to give more traffic.
DISCLOSURE: This post contains affiliate links, meaning if you click on a product or service, and decide to purchase it, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. All recommended products and services are based on my positive experience with them. For more information, please read my Disclaimer.
Bookmark this blog post for future reference!
30 April Blog Post Ideas
These are general April blog post ideas on a broad range of lifestyle topics. There’s something here on this list for any kind of blogger in that category.
Since Easter is a moving date, you’ll find more Easter-related blog post topics
I always make sure the blog topics I come up with are popular topics that attract readers.
- Fun jokes to play on April Fools Day
- The best Peanut Butter and Jelly recipes (April 2 is National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day)
- Ways to celebrate the Earth on April 22nd – Earth Day
- Cute Easter traditions for kids
- Tips on how to have a Spring picnic
- Things to do in your garden in April
- How to set up your garden flower beds
- Spring outdoor clean-up in April
- Outdoor living space tips
- Perfect Jazz tunes for your April dinner party (April 30 is International Jazz Day)
- Fun things to do with kids in April
- Fun things to do on April rainy days
- Delicious April recipes with fresh ingredients
- The perfect finger food recipes for April cocktail parties
- The best Asparagus recipes
- Spring cupcake recipes
- Enjoy your greens with tasty seasonal salads
- Spring picnic ideas and tips
- Things to photograph this April
- Spring clean your closet
- Home decor tips with April flowers
- Easy DIY home upgrades to do in April
- Best farms and petting zoos to visit this April
- April-themed nail designs
- Wardrobe must-haves for Spring April days
- Cute umbrellas for rainy April walks
- Stylish April outfit ideas
- What to wear on rainy days
- What to wear on a Spring hiking date
- The best self-care tips for April
A bonus idea: Skincare tips for early Spring weather!
PRO TIP: Add relevant Spring quotes to your blog posts to make them richer.
Pin this to share these ideas on Pinterest! Thank you.
Publish Your April Posts In Early March
If you can, publish your April-theme blog posts by no later than early March, so when you submit your post to Google Search Console for indexing, it starts ranking quicker.
This also gives people enough time to plan and do some research. A good rule of thumb is to post no later than a month before if you’re writing on seasonal topics.
Spring Clean Your Blog!
Did you know that the summer period is the time when people spend the least time on their blogs? There’s so much to do! But if your blog includes tips for summer activities or events, Spring is the best time to write and publish.
However, what do you do when your blog is in need of an overhaul?
If you’ve been thinking of doing some upgrades to your blog, this is a good time to do it before the summer season keeps distracting you from your site!
Spruce up your:
- Blog theme with a new look and design – I recommend you check out Bluchic for elegant feminine themes, 17th Avenue, or Envato’s ThemeForest for an array of WordPress themes.
- Fresh images for a cohesive look! Check out Ivory Mix, Styled Stock Society, Pixistock and one of my new favourites – Stocklane – for gorgeous, feminine stock photos that go beyond the typical stock photos. Read more about my 10 favourite places to get stock photos.
- Boost your site speed with one of the best caching plugins: WP Rocket has greatly speeded up my sites, going from approximately 39 on the Google Page Speed Test to 85+, loading it quickly for site users.
- Interlinks and backlinks (make sure they aren’t broken, by using Broken Link Checker plugin)
It’s also a good time to update old blog posts that need fresh information and new links.
And don’t forget to update keywords and tweak your on-page SEO for blog posts – especially older ones that have been sliding in ranking over time.
Get my free on-page SEO keyword worksheet and checklist to help you organize your updates.
Finally, don’t forget to create a new batch of Pinterest pins – it’s always good to keep these fresh.
More Than April Content Ideas: More Blog Post Ideas
If these April content ideas aren’t enough and you need some more inspiration for blog post ideas, check out these posts:
- 75+ Spring Blog Post Ideas
- 30 March Blog Post Ideas For Lifestyle Blogs
- 31 Popular May Blog Post Ideas
- 100 Summer Blog Post Ideas For Lifestyle Bloggers
- 100+ General Lifestyle Blog Post Ideas
Also, if you need the best Spring hashtags for all of those gorgeous, colourful visuals I bet you’re going to take and post, I’ve got you covered too. For outdoor activities and adventures, check out my list of over 100+ nature and outdoor activity hashtags.
Before you go, I’ve got a curated collection of beautiful Spring aesthetic wallpapers for your phone lock screen too!
Now enjoy your Spring and start writing!
QUESTION: Are there any other April blog post ideas you think should be added to this list! Share them in the comments.
Like this post? Share it on Pinterest! Thanks!