August is one step closer to the Fall season. Many are enjoying the last few weeks before vacations end, and it’s back to school! So I have 31 inspiring August blog post ideas for lifestyle blogs that your readers will want to check out.
We’re trying to pack in all of the summer fun in August. At the same time, we’re all getting organized for the Fall season too!
You’re bound to get readers looking to enjoy summer to its fullest while also preparing for Fall activities.
Right now, you should be including a few posts on popular August blog topics: back-to-school, summer vacation ideas, and summer foods and fashion.
So, with this sense of urgency, I’ve included a balance of exciting and relaxing activities for August blog post ideas.
DISCLOSURE: This post contains affiliate links, meaning if you click on a product or service, and decide to purchase it, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. All recommended products and services are based on my positive experience with them. For more information, please read my Disclaimer.
Bookmark this post on Pinterest!
31 August Blog Post Ideas
Here’s a list of August blog post ideas to inspire you and your readers! Feel free to modify them to work with your blog niche.
- End of summer road trips in XYZ (your area)
- How to beat high summer heat
- What to wear in August: tips for hot summer wear
- Cute summer sweater ideas for cool nights
- August makeup looks
- Fun August-inspired nail polish ideas
- Creating a summer-to-fall transition wardrobe
- Back-to-school hairstyle trends
- A back-to-school, on-trend fresh wardrobe
- Summer kid activities to sneak in before school starts
- Back-to-school shopping on a budget: tips on how to not break the bank
- Getting organized for school: tips for parents
- Your College/University checklist: the ultimate list of must-pack items
- Cool salad recipes for August
- Sandwich ideas for end-of-summer picnics
- Simple summer desserts with seasonal berries
- Iced coffee recipe ideas
- Easy summer wine-based cocktails
- Best home office and back-to-school ideas
- How to be more productive with a work and school routine: tips for parents
- Self-care ideas for busy parents
- Best places for relaxing nature walks in XYZ
- Your bucket list of end-of-summer activities
- Beach day & night must-haves
- How to enjoy the mid-August Perseid shower
- Tips for camping in your backyard with kids
- Romantic places and ideas for dates in XYZ
- How to deal with the changing season and your mental health
- Setting intentions and goals for the Fall season
- August home decor ideas
- Smart ways to prepare your home for the Fall and Winter
Plan Ahead For The Busy Fall Season
If your blog content plan is in need of updating, this is the perfect time to look at it!
Aside from writing some posts on August blog post ideas, start thinking about what posts you’ll be promoting in September and October.
These are some of the busiest months when it comes to blog traffic, with so many great topics people are searching for and reading.
The end of July and early August is when you should be:
- Determining your September and October post schedule
- Creating rough outlines for posts
- Drafting first copies, researching and finding the right keywords
- Formatting and finalizing a few posts so that they’re ready to go
Why all this planning?
Because the end of August and early September are busy, transition weeks that will have you too occupied to blog.
Need inspiration for Fall blog posts? I’ve got you covered with over 120 Fall Blog Post Ideas.
I always like to prepare with my Pinterest pins and social media posts in advance, so I’m ready with Fall content.
PRO TIP: Styled Stock Society, Haute Stock and Ivory Mix have some really gorgeous lifestyle-themed photos for August activities. They save you hours of taking and editing your own photos.
Get Writing Your August Blog Post Topics
July is when you want your August blog post topics to start appearing.
It may be too early to promote these posts on your social media accounts.
However, it’s good to get the posts indexed in Google and Pinterest, so they start ranking in searches in the correct time period.
Enjoy the rest of your summer and check out Fall blog post ideas for great Fall topics!
CONTENT TIP: Need more blog post ideas?
Check out these July blog post topics, and summer blog post ideas.
Look ahead to Fall with 30 September blog post ideas!
And if you’re looking for general lifestyle blog post ideas, I’ve got you covered on that topic too!
And finally, do you need some fresh Pinterest pin templates to promote your posts? I’ve got you covered:
Enjoy the last few days of summer break… get ready for the busy Fall season!
|RELATED READING: How To Find Blog Post Ideas Quickly
QUESTION: What are some August blog post ideas that should be added to this list?
Like this post? Share it on Pinterest!