If you’re like me, October is one of your favourite months. I’m not talking about just pumpkin spice – there’s so much more to do during this month. And your readers will want to know all they can do and experience. To help you with your content, I’m sharing popular October blog post ideas for Fall 2023 fun inspiration.
Halloween is a big end-of-October event in North America. There’s the Canadian Thanksgiving in the earlier part of the month.
And so many things to do with harvest events, foods, cooler temperatures and outdoor adventures!
The summer blogging traffic slump is over, and your readers will be looking for fresh ideas, tips and inspiration for Fall activities.
DISCLOSURE: This post contains affiliate links, meaning if you click on a product or service, and decide to purchase it, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. All recommended products and services are based on my positive experience with them. For more information, please read my Disclaimer.
Bookmark this post on Pinterest for future reference!
October Blog Post Ideas For Lifestyle Blogs
I brainstormed all of the top popular things to do in October, as well as key celebrations to create this list. You can modify some of the topics to work with your blog niche.
- How to bake a pumpkin pie
- A roundup of pumpkin pie recipes (choose a type of food – e.g. desserts, savoury dishes, etc.)
- Comfort food recipes that will warm you up on chilly October days
- Drinks that’ll warm you up: Fall cocktail ideas
- How to make mulled wine
- Scary Halloween cocktails to make at home
- How to make caramel apples (October 31 is National Caramel Apple Day)
- How to create a cozy Fall outdoor living space
- How to plant bulbs in the Fall
- Front porch Fall decor tips
- The October aesthetic: how to create a cozy atmosphere at home
- Spooky home decor for Halloween parties
- Cute sweater outfits
- How to style boots
- Fall scarf style tips
- How to wear plaid stylishly
- Halloween makeup tips and tricks (for adults, for kids)
- How to make 5 easy Halloween costumes at home
- How to make the perfect Jack O’Lantern with kids
- Fun Halloween crafts to make with kids
- DIY leaf art craft ideas
- October photography challenge: nature hike edition
- The best hiking trails to explore this October for Fall colours near XYZ (see what I did with my Fall
- Best October day trip destinations (get inspired with my 5 beautiful Fall drives from Toronto post)
- October bucket list of family-friendly activities
- October Fall Festivals near XYZ
- Journal prompts for October
- Great books to read this October
- Classic scary movies to watch this October
- The ultimate Halloween kid-friendly playlist
- Romantic October date ideas
| RELATED: Over 100 Autumn Quotes For Instagram Captions And Posts
Need More Blog Post Ideas?
Check out my posts on blog content ideas to get you inspired:
If you’re looking for some generic evergreen lifestyle blog post topics, I have a list for you too!
Remember to use SEO best practices for on-page optimization, and always write great posts with your reader in mind!
Now, more than ever, I’m finding it’s important to think about your reader first, and SEO second. So start with great content on topics that your readers want to read!
Save Time: Schedule Your Blog Promotion During Busy October
Things can get very busy in October! promote your October blog post topics on automatic with scheduling tools.
There are other tools you can use: Tailwind (for Instagram or Pinterest) or SmarterQueue. There’s also Later, and you can use the free scheduling tools on Meta Business for your Facebook page and Instagram posts. Canva Pro can be used as a scheduler as well.
Scheduling your posts and content will free up time to enjoy October.
Batch your Pinterest pins in advance! Speed up your batching process with my 10 free Pinterest templates for Canva.
Finally, remember to start posting your Holiday posts in October to give them enough time to be indexed on Pinterest and Google.
| RELATED: Over 15 Ways To Promote Your Blog Content For Free
Want something fun for your phone lock screen? I have pulled together over 50 gorgeous free Fall wallpapers for iPhone lock screens.
QUESTION: What other topics should be added to this list of October blog post ideas?
Like this post? Share it on Pinterest! Thank you!